Monday, January 12, 2009

Viva la Verve 1 & 2

I found some challenges (with a twist) over at splitcoaststampers
on the verve forum- here is week 1 & week 2
Viva la Verve 01(week 1) sketch had a 'twist' of hardware, I got so carried away with my card, I nearly forgot to put some metal on! I have used Heidi Grace papers, Blue Bayou Stampin' Up cardstock & White Bazzill, Good Things Grow & Blooming with Happiness stamp sets. I wrapped a piece of pink ribbon around the long panel with a metal pinwheel & attached a couple of Making Memories photo corners on the top panel. I mounted the Good Things Grow stamped image onto a 'postage stamp' die cut & some foam mount tape. The sentiment in the bottom corner reads 'may your day bloom with happiness'.

Viva la Verve 02 (week 2) had a 'twist' of bling

For this one I started with a piece of Bazzill Bling cardstock-nice & sparkly! Embossed a panel of silver with "Diamonds in the Rough' bug embossing folder, mounted on black bazzill & bordered with Heidi Swapp bling frames. The larger panel is white with sponging all around the edges & flower-doesn't show up too well in the photo.Stamps are some new Basic Grey acrylic stamps I picked up on the weekend-very cute & had to ink them up as soon as I got home (nearly!) I also used my new Fiskars border punch on the black mat of this larger panel & also the bling frame. The butterfly was stamped in white onto the bazzill bling c/s& cut out, with a touch of 'pixie stick' glitter-also new! and the flower & surrounds has a dusting of some glittery concoction, also a bit hard to see in the photo. I finished it off with some piercing in the corners &
mounted it up on foam for some dimension. Here is a bit of a close up...

No comments:

Post a Comment