Sunday, January 4, 2009

Newsflash...Cropadile attacks chipboard!

I decided to finally get to & make Will's nameplate for his door. I took some photos along the way so you can see how easy it was - & I'm using up stash!

First of all, find some chip letters-if you don't have any I'm sure I have enough to share!



Next attack your shapes or letters with a cropadile, I went for indents so when I wiped the ink over, the chipboard colour showed through.




Pretty basic-next you wipe over the chipboard with your ink pad. I used Stampin' Up "Buckaroo Blue" to match the colour scheme, but I have used chalk ink before & I do prefer that softer/creamy look. Up to you-have a play & see what you prefer.




All done? If the ink looks too dark, swipe very gently with some white ink or too light, swipe with more colour. I also drew some dash/faux sewing lines around the edges with my white gel pen.



Finish your masterpiece!! I attached my letters onto a small canvas, which I ran my textured wheel & buckaroo blue over & added some Basic Grey 'black tie' ribbons


Simple hey?
You could use your altered letters or shapes on scrapbook pages, cards, tags for Christmas & birthday presents, kids school books, your family hat/coat rack...the list goes on!

On the layout below I used chalk ink on the letters.




No comments:

Post a Comment