Monday, April 27, 2009

K-Dub's 50th colour inspiration challenge

This one is dedicated to Kristina Werner & the wonderful challenges she comes up with each week. I certainly haven't entered all 50 of her colour challenges but I do like to have a play when I can! She is very generously offering some awesome prizes for this momentous occasion along with RULES!! Only one entry per person (so make it your best work she says!) & no extra colours added to her colour challenge, which was brown, red, yellow, turquoise & white.
That's it-no exceptions!




I had a bit of trouble photographing this one & have been trying all afternoon to get it right - it's getting to that time of the day when I just have to give up & get everything in the house sorted for tonight & tomorrow. Anyway on to the card-this colour combo stumped me for a while & I have several half made brown, yellow, red, turquoise & white 'creations' laying around!
I rolled the turquoise base & brown piece with the Petals jumbo roller in Versamark,although it's a little hard to see on the brown piece in the photo. The stamped image is from Angie Delarie, stamped in brown & coloured with brown, red, yellow & turquoise chalks & a blender pen. This piece is mounted up on some foam dimensionals with 'wonderful' stamped onto it & a sweet little red flower button. Oh & some ribbon, a little piercing around the brown scalloped piece & a bit of faux sewing with a white gel pen.
I am wiping my brow-phew, I think too many colours for me to get my little head around! But I did it! Now do I try to finish those 'creations' I have laying around or go back to my safe colour combos?

1 comment:

  1. What a funky bird. Fabulous job on the color combo.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete